- United wants to lower demand during energy peak hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- A Google Nest or Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat can help you use less energy during peak usage by cooling your home down ahead of time and then tweaking the temperature up to three degrees later on when it's needed.
- You’re in control. If you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time. We do ask that you try to ride through the event without any changes if possible.
- Available to United residential members with eligible thermostats and working Wi-Fi.
Reap the Rewards:
- United will give you a $50 rebate with proof of purchase of a Nest, ecobee or Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Enabled Thermostat. Click here for more information regarding this rebate.
- In addition, you’ll get $15 for each summer month (June, July, August, September) you are enrolled – up to $60 a year for each Nest or Honeywell thermostat enrolled in the program.
- Each $15 bill credit will show up on the following month’s bill. For example, your participation for June, will be rewarded on your July bill.
Program Details for BYOT:
- There will be a maximum of 20 three-hour peak hour events each summer. Peak hours will occur between 3-6:30 p.m. on weekdays or weekends. United will only call one event a day, and there will never be more than four events per week.
- The summer season starts on May 21 and ends on Sept. 30.